Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Provisions

I was nipped by the thriftstore bug, so after unloading my offspring to their respective schools the other morning I made way for the closest one. Usually I don't find much, but this time I was lucky.

I found some frames and things for crafts:

Photobucket

I am using the Victorian valentine border I found to make myself a pencil holder can (copying from a lot of the nifty blogs I've been looking at lately!)

Photobucket

I also completely lucked out with this find: a velvet blouse and skirt---separate pieces but both coordinated and both my size! All for under $5! Perfect for my girls' night out to the ritzy BoMA trip this week. http://www.barofmodernart.com/mn.asp

Photobucket

And lastly, I have been pacing around all fall looking for some good local honey. I think I was a bear in a past life, and now I am trying to find some honey and hibernate. A local farmer usually has a limited supply, and when their honey sign went up last week I nearly had an accident because I slammed on my brakes to pull off the road! (As you can see, the first jar is half consumed, so I may need to go out again and find more.)

Photobucket

Along the topic of what in the old days was called "putting up your pantry for winter" I think I am going to go ahead and try a little jamming with the rest of those grapes we got. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of local honey. I put it on my plain yogurt. One notion is that it helps prevent or reduce allegies. Plus, honey means bees. I also get mine at the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wildness of the flavor. You don't get that with homogenized "industrial" honey---that all tastes like "honey" you know what I mean? I like local because it tastes like whatever's growing around you. I want to try some other honeys, like blueberry sometime. BTW we're jamming tonight!!! cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've sure had a lot to say lately. LOL! I love thrift shopping. It's the most fun way to shop! You found some great goodies.

    ReplyDelete