Saturday, November 1, 2008

More on the party

It was a success! First I have to put up a last minute yard sale find from this morning for 50 cents, which I used for a utensil holder, and included the decorative oversize candy corn, lol:

Photobucket

Instead of having a chaotic cookout menu, we did brats and hot dogs, with kraut and beans for sides. For snacks we put out corn chips and pretzels with several dips, plus a plate of apples and caramel. There was cider, tea, punch and coffee to drink.

Photobucket

Check out this cool vintage gift wrap from my mother in law. I know it's vintage because she never throws anyone away and I'm pretty sure has not bought gift wrap since the Carter administration!

Photobucket

It was a really nice time. I got a lot of compliments, but really this is why I do what I do!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comments on my Jack Hanna post. He was driving the Columbus Zoo van and the animals were from the Columbus Zoo. How lucky you are to have that zoo right where you live! Stop back by my blog!

    ReplyDelete