Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day was fun

First I made this tasty red velvet cake for the lads. Now, it look really kind of cool in the pic, right? Actually it was a tad bit dry, and I didn't have enough icing really, so all the crumbs got mixed in with the white icing in a cool way. Per a convo I was having w/ a friend from high school recently, I have a lot of desire to bake cakes for my family events, but absolutely no talent for decorating them whatsoever. (though people usually love to eat the cakes that I bake, they endure my creative ways to decorate without any skills. Someday I will follow Amanda's lead and take a darn class!) I ought to post a whole blog of the ugly cakes I have made; that would be a hoot!

Zack has yet to eat any form of dessert without getting it all over himself, his clothing, and the general area around him. Usually I make white cakes for this reason.

My little knave, wearing his brother's king of hearts crown that he absconded with.

The boy's spent the evening with their Oma, while the parents went for dinner to Oscar's. It was all dressed up with loads of pink and red flowers, and I kicked off my meal with a perfectly blended Cosmo. We then headed for a bookstore and some coffee and just to hang out with each other. For today's almanac: on this day seven years ago, I said "yes" and it has made all the difference!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon
    Looking at your boys and some of the things you do with them, such as crafts and valentine cakes brings back memories of all the energy I put into raising our kids. We have 3 boys and a girl. Keep up the good work,girlfriend. It looks like you are an awesome mom!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete