Monday, March 9, 2009

Monochromatic Project for St. Patrick's day


The color idea for this month is "monochromatic" meaning projects done with only variants of the same color, plus you can use some neutrals too. I basically just mounted my vintage St. Patrick's postcards and a lace doily onto a green background, and framed it with a beat-up frame I got for 90 cents at the thrift. I am not evolved enough yet to "alter" vintage stuff! I did place one of the postcards in the gold photo corners so the green wouldn't get lost in the green background. I wanted to be more creative, but everything I tried drew emphasis away from the postcards, so I figured plain and simple was a nice way to go. I like the lace too, because when I was in Ireland ten years ago I remember seeing lace curtains in all the windows.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Amazing how "less is more" is sometimes the best advice. Something I have to keep in mind while we start decording the house.

    ReplyDelete