Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let the season begin!

Around here the church rummage sale marks the unofficial kickoff of yard saling season. Hurray! It was made even better by the church lady bake sale; cupcakes just in time for the fishes' birthday. (That will be a whole blog in and of itself, lol)

Zack's find was this cast iron wagon toy. A tiny bit of research tells me it is probably a reproduction though we will check it out further.


Odds and ends for me: a magazine for 15 cents, two bags of Mardi Gras beads for the same, and a pretty little hankie with a lady and her troubadour for a quarter.

Pay dirt for me: a couple of vintage atlases to craft with. Fifteen cents.

More happiness: books of vintage sheet music for a quarter each! I should have bought the whole box, but felt like I needed to share because, you know, it's church.

The best treat: a quiet morning with Zack, who had a free day from school while little brother still had to go to preschool. Don't you just love days that are a little bit off the beaten path? Zack didn't believe me at first when I told him we were going treasure hunting.

1 comment:

  1. i'm excited to see your crafting with your new finds!!!!

    ReplyDelete