Sunday, June 14, 2009

Carolina Beach photography attempts

Home from our Carolina Beach vacation! We rented a little beach house for the week and spent a little time dabbling with photography.

Our candy-colored beach house, "The Purple Pelican."


Our walkway to the beach. Ken says sepia makes everything look depressing, but I rather like it. Makes it look old-timey.

Sleepy beach town.

Where we passed the time most afternoons with a good book and most evenings with a good beer.

Ken took this one at the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher.


Here I am on the battleship USS North Carolina, looking for stuff to photograph, of course.

Spent a good bit of the week digging for beach junk.

Green lizards were all over our deck. We called this one Larry.

Zack asked could we please watch the sunrise on the water on the last morning, so just he and I made our way out to greet the sun at 5:30am.

Zack with his favorite Uncle.

Took the time to experiment with camera settings. This one is in vivid color.

Made a copy in b/w.

Same one in sepia. It's interesting how different they are from each other.


Quite honestly the single greatest photo ever taken of me; rested, fairly relaxed, having fun. This one is a keeper.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I'm a horrible picture taker. I love the walkway picture in the sepia tone.... And I love love love Carolina Beach! So jealous! You're probably knee deep in dirty laundry now, right? :-) I'll see you next week. Not sure what I'm bringing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I haven't been blogging too much lately but wanted to stop by and see what you have been up to.

    Loved all your pictures. I am on your side-I think sepia is nice and also black/white.
    Looks like a great,very relaxing vacation!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete