Monday, June 15, 2009

Lunch for the Soul

Ken took Monday off to rest from our vacation, lol. I wanted to have a quiet lunch for two outside and was inspired by our abundance of fresh basil and zucchini blossoms to create a Tuscan themed lunch. So I made salad-salad-salad: lettuces from our garden, fried zucchini blossoms from our garden, tomato and mozzarella salad with the garden basil, melon and strawberries, and a crust of bread, plus fresh squeezed lemonade, and a nip of white wine for me. Heck, how often can we do this, right?

Had to photograph the garden while I was at it. The strawberry patch is looking good.

Various potted things. The lettuce is on its third cutting; we are so lucky to have fresh salad every day.

I whisper sweet words to my lovely tomato plants. They are loaded with tiny green tomatoes now.

Our garden survived us being on vacation, thanks in no small part to our next door neighbors, Mike and Loretta. Not only did they water everything, they actually took the time to patch up the holes in the fencing to keep out the bunnies that keep devouring the peas. I am humbled by this simple act of generosity on their part, and I will be sending over a basket of produce in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment