Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Finishing up month of yellow, and scrapbook pages

OMG is it July? Well before we start on July's theme of "stripes" I will finish up June.


I did some inspiration journaling, and considered that I actually don't look so bad in yellow, esp now that I've spent a bit of time in the sun. Hopefully by summer's end I'll drop that pesky five pounds so I can slip into a couple of cute vintage yellow day dresses I've been hanging onto forever.

I was inspired to use yellow flowers for entertaining at my Crop, Swap and Just Be Inspired party. I had also forgotten how much I like honey bees.

This page made me reconsider bringing some brightness back into the house. We've been into the whole arts-and-crafts colors (red, orange, brown) that it's nice to consider brightening things up a bit.

These scrapbook pages were from Easter morning. I leaned into the yellow/grey/black color scheme, drawing from the chick picture Erin gave me.

More yellow! I only had red paper flowers, so I painted them with acrylic paints for the embellishments. I also liked the hints of red and pink. In fact I really love pink and yellow as a color combination, esp for Easter.


Had to put these in...fun scrapbook pages of the boys using goodies Sasha and Danny got me for my birthday. ( I will so love having a scrapbooker in the family if they ever get married, wink wink)

I will add some lettering later I think. I have to add that although I didn't do much crafting at my party, I have been on inspiration overload ever since!

Another page. Here I picked up some sparkly chipboard letters and was dying to use them. I labored over this for a long time, trying to do way too much. In the end a simpler approach turned out to be better.

Our mother's day pics in dusty blue with yellow accents. Darn, I hate to admit it, being a Buckeye and all, but blue and yellow DO look nice together.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    That's great that you also have Wreck This Journal- you gotta post some pictures of your pages. It's fun to see what other people come up with and your boys can help you!! Check out the following blog-http://tnc-wreckthisjournal.blogspot.com/ for more crazy inspiration. It's a book club and the book they are working on is this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. I've never thought I've loved yellow, but my house in Cleveland had a pale yellow kitchen and I've loved it since then. I loved your yellow flowers on Saturday, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.. loving your journal!
    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete