Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th was soggy but good

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Despite intermittent drizzling rain, the fireworks went on and our family enjoyed a nice cookout, though we had to eat inside.

My main goal of the day was keeping the kiddos busy, seeing as how our dinner guests weren't due over until 6pm. We set up lots of things for them to do outdoors before it rained. This proved to be so much more successful than our old routine of yelling at the kids all day while we try to keep the house clean.


While the boys played outdoors I decided to craft outside, and found some striped paper. I've been very inspired to be outside all the time lately, and this was something new. I really enjoyed it, well, until I felt a few sprinkles anyway.

My liberty banner.

The boys entertained us with their play, "Cars 2" based on the movie cars. They made their own stick puppets of Lighting McQueen and the gang. It was hard to follow the thread of the story, but an amusing way to spend the time between food and fireworks.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Liberty banner! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cars 2!!! what awesome kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner! I have been eyeing some fabric banners lately, thinking of how I could utilize them in our home. There is most definitely going to be one made for Christmas, but I love the Liberty one you made!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete