Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A summer birthday, and some produce

What a busy week! After having day camp this week, Zack turned 6. Where did those years go, anyway?

Because he had a lot of boys he wanted to invite, we actually gave him two parties, one for family at home and one at a kid game place. He was pretty excited about it.

The big surprise was that we got him a bike. Not just any bike either. It's the Lightning McQueen Huffy. Kachow!

I had to make the homemade cake. This one didn't turn out too bad, and I even got creative with the blue icing. Also I was proud that this is a chocolate cake, and can you see choco crumbs in the white icing? No, you cannot! I actually decorated this while watching Ace of Cakes. Duff Rocks! I'm going to take a cake decorating class one of these days.

Today's haul from the garden. I pulled a patch of carrots to make way for winter squash, as well as some of the onions. The little tomatoes are falling off the vine right now, and I am truly grateful that I haven't had to buy any produce other than lettuce for two weeks.

I am now looking forward to the truly lazy days of summer. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment