Thursday, August 6, 2009

August is here already?

Getting to the point in summer where I'm doing more eating than actual gardening.

Though I did manage to plant some winter squash. And the cabbage needs to be replanted because of the durn bunnies.

Ken's beloved red hot cherry peppers. They really are tasty! Looks like I need to whip up some guacamole soon!

The tomatoes in my yard are abundant, but largely green. We've not had the hot summer nights to make them blush.


Took a foray up to see what a thrift store in Dublin looks like. (Dublin is a fairly wealthy suburb of Columbus, and this year a Goodwill store opened there.) It is very clean, has very good clothing, a lot of professional attire, mainly priced at $2.99, and the largest selection of nice picture frames I've ever seen. Not too much by way of vintage, though I found a men's bowling shirt for $2.99 which is very hip, thinking Ken would like it. Found a couple of craft items and that was about it. Also, Dublin as a city is the home of a lot of all things Irishy, like step dancing, music and that, so the thrift was packed with lots of shamrock & step dancer tchatchkis.

I had a free afternoon last week, and spent it replenishing my stash. The JoAnn's clearance isle was bounteous this time, and I was able, between them and Hobby Lobby, to indulge myself in a fair amount of goodies for my $20 budget.

Today we're getting around to doing thank you notes for Zack's friends who came to the birthday party. I made these with cardstock, a set of the stickers from the goody bags, school pics, and my word processor. My ink is running low, so it actually ended up looking like a rubber stamp.

Nate started soccer and really digs it.


He also started zoo school, so once a week Zack and I get to hang for three hours one on one at the zoo. This is one of the giant tortoises.

It was a rainy day, and was the first time I've ever seen the Pallas Cat awake. It looked a little pissed off, if you want to know the truth.

This Amor Tiger is a 6 year old male. He "played" with my 6 year old male, running back and forth, lol.

I really need to do something about this.

Today's plan is to do less of this.


Maybe more of this.

1 comment:

  1. i love glimpses into your life!!!

    we didn't garden this year cuz hubby worked far too much (and i have a black thumb) so i'm totally envious of your garden stuffs. *sigh* there's always next year

    ReplyDelete