Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sunflowers for fall

I had to keep replanting these because the animals kept mowing them down. There were a few survivors though, and for that I am grateful.


I planted 3 varieties. This one is the Velvet Queen.

It is peaking right now with this blazing red-orange color.

Russian Mammoth, always my favorite.

A visiting bumblebee stopping by for lunch.

I will leave these up through winter to feed the birds. I mainly see bluejays on them.


This one is called Lemon Queen. I truly loved the pale yellow color and I plan to plant a lot more of these next year. They are small enough to put in bouquets.

Lovely day for an iced tea out back, ey?

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    Lovely sunflowers-didn't know they come in other colors.
    Also-Congrats on winning the giveaway!!!
    My son is a real fan of the Islanders-glad you got to see them.

    ReplyDelete