Saturday, November 28, 2009

A happy Thanksgiving in our house

We have, for several events now, managed to avoid that time honored tradition of yelling at our kids all morning while we go nuts cooking and cleaning. Therefore, when Zack asked if we could make a pilgrim hat while we watched the parade, it was no big deal. We even made the feather headdress for Nathan too. I figure those are the things they'll remember most, not the napkins being folded "just so."

I just love seeing my kitchen full of people!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for you!! How do you do it?? We ordered all the food this year, as everyone came from out of town and couldn't bring dishes. Love the color of your kitchen!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving - I always love that you put pictures of your family on your blog! Looks like such fun! And I really liked your previous post about your fall collection on your wall - so lovely!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I love posting pics of my family because, heck, I think I'm doing all of this for them anyway!
    As for the dinner...we did a turkey, a precooked ham, and every imaginable side dish from the recipes-on-the-box imaginable, which when you time it right takes about 90 minutes. And we're talking the French's green bean casserole, the Jiffy corn pudding, the Bruce's Marshmellow yams, plus mashed potatoes, and if in doubt throw another stick of butter on it, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!Glad everything went smoothly. Also, like your new banner and I had no idea you had an Etsy shop!!!

    PS Thanks for your comment on my dreamboard.

    ReplyDelete