Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A sweet activity for spring break

Today we took the free tour at the Anthony Thomas Candy Company. It was really cool to look down from an observation deck and see all that delicious chocolate in big copper pots. I also dig that it's a family owned company, and most of the employees have been there for decades. And at the end, they give you a free Buckeye! Yum!


The boys were a bit rambunctious through the whole trip, but I think they enjoyed it. They also enjoyed Oma saying they could each pick whatever they wanted from the candy store. I learned something today: "All Day" suckers don't last all day.

Mother in laws don't seem so very "mother-in-lawish" when they tell you to pick out whatever you want from the candy store too.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. Those caramels look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Yum. Those chocolates make me drool!!!!
    My sister took my eldest to the Jelly Belly factory once, they both loved it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete