Friday, May 7, 2010

May is here, so it's time to clean house!

(My beautiful tulips; they are already gone!)

I can't believe it's May already! I haven't been around much lately, for a number of reasons:
1. Dejunking the house for next week's community yard sale *with a solemn vow that all unsold items will be donated to a local thrift*
2. Hanging out with family from out of town, which included seeing my brother in law playing the lead in a community theater production of "A Thousand Clowns. " He was tremendous!
3. Being outdoors for walks and in the garden.
4. Waking up to the realization that my 4 year old will be in preschool for four days a week next year, and thus spending tons of one-on-one time with him.
5. Eating too much, especially eating out too much, and watching my weight balloon up.
6. Hanging out with friends..
7. Checking out the Titanic exhibit at COSI.
8. Completing, as a family, the 1000 piece puzzle we got at the Titanic thing.
9. Generally living life without the camera for a while.

We managed to take in a model train show when our family was in town.

My little engineer was very happy and dressed up for the occasion.

A Buy Nothing New Update:
Hmm, to say April was not so good would be a massive understatement. As a family we managed to make so many purchases, new and used, needed and not, that itemizing them out is really laughable. Suffice it to say that Murphy came knocking, and we found ourselves needing not only a new washer and dryer, but also a new (to us) vehicle. (That is, a new vehicle after repairing the old vehicle that was in an accident.) My husband used the phrase "hemorrhaging money" to describe it. Also, if you're a fan of The Secret, you might appreciate my theory. I believe that by stating I "don't want to spend money" or that I "don't want to buy newly manufactured items" I am actually drawing those situations where I have to spend or buy a new widget to myself. It's like the universe is hearing "spend money" and "buy new stuff" and delivering those situations. Maybe.

So for now my main focus this week is prepping for the big yard sale. Hopefully if I can focus on reducing my "stuff" it will keep my mind off of acquisition.

No comments:

Post a Comment