Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

This week I was in unloading mode, after doing some serious housecleaning for the garage sale last week. I basically sold a basket of household goods to the local second hand shop, which netted me $8. It just so happened that they had a set of these turquoise Fiestaware knock-off plates (they retail at Target for $10 for a set of four) for $8. So final cost for 4 dinner plates and 4 salad plates was free! It was so cool I squealed because lately I am loving this color, and I had been wanting those plates, but did not want to buy them new.

Additionally, I sold a total of ten items to the second hand kids shop, and earned $17 in store credit which bought exactly 4 pairs of badly needed boys' shorts. Not bad for an hour's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment