Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Great Wall of Beans

Spent some time harvesting some beans for dinner today. They are a lush and happy part of my three sisters garden I did this year. I'm still waiting on the corn and squash, as I ran into some trouble in early spring and had to replant after putting up a metal fence to keep out the groundhogs and bunnies.


These beans are 100% organically grown. And this year we've not seen the beetle damage we usually do, so that is a blessing.

It was so hot and humid here today that my camera lens kept fogging up!

A nice bowl of beans for supper, to go with some sweet corn and breaded chicken. Yum!


While outdoors, I took a walk to see the pond...it's really as low as I've ever seen it. The neighbor added a lot of thirsty trees around it a few years back, and I don't think he gets that they are slowly drinking our farmer's pond up.

I am just loving the Queen Anne's Lace---reminds me of summer camp.

Oh, and the beans were very very good.

1 comment:

  1. My goal is to have a garden next year. It is going to require quite the redo in our back yard! Will try to do before and after! Have fun harvesting!!

    ReplyDelete