Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My TV room refresh



Before
My TV room was looking a little stodgy. Truthfully, I think I sort of picked a palette that I thought looked grownup, but really I never was wowed by. And thus I never went the next step to really give it any personality.


After
Freshly inspired by my new serious liking of aqua and turquoise, and a drive to really punch up the cool orange accent wall, I did a very inexpensive makeover which consisted of buying 4 yards of fabric (using my 50% off coupon from JoAnn's,) a new poster to put in the frame (with a Michaels 50% off coupon,) a few gerbera daisies from clearance, a big bottle of turquoise paint to repurpose the old lamps that were in the basement forever, and a couple of tchatchkis from the thrift store, and a mirror also from the thrift store that I had picked up a long time ago and repainted.

I really like it so far, and I want to add to the decor as we go on. I just feel like finally this really looks like "me" and not my parents or something, lol.

2 comments:

  1. What a powerful makeover with just a few choice (and colorful) items! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and yellow accent wall - so super cool! It makes me want to redo a room too. Thanks for the inspiration, and fun!

    ReplyDelete