Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thrifted Thursday


I managed to convince the younger son to accompany me on a thriftstore trip while the elder son was at a day camp. Well, being 4, he really had no choice. Thankfully he curled himself into a petulant ball in the shopping cart and sulked while we made our way through the glassware. I found these cool vintage whiskey decanters for under $8 for all of them. I originally bought them for resale, but Ken likes how they look, and I do too. (And I made this a quick trip so we could get home for a little Thomas the Tank Engine.)



I also picked up a few random things: doily, embroidered placemat/runner, old pattern to use for a collage project, and an unopened set of 3 snowflake stamps. I love getting cheap stamps, and I got this set for 50 cents. I find myself casting an eye to fall when I can hunker into my scrapbooking and a few art projects. But for now I am okay with just enjoying the summer and snapping the occasional picture.

2 comments:

  1. Love your thrifted items! Have you been to Apronthriftgirl blog? You totally remind me of her with your thrifted thursday. She has Thrift Monday - it is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do read Apronthriftgirl. I am not nearly as organized as to have a certain day of the week, and really haven't been doing much thrifting lately at all, lol.

    ReplyDelete