Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Growing and changing (and out with the old)





Since my baby turned 5 last week, and received something of a mountain of new toys, it was really time for a big toy shift. For a long time I've been sorting toys, and about six months ago, I put everything they weren't currently playing with in the basement. No one missed any of it, so this week we said goodbye to these items. Not in so many words to the boys. It was more of a whisper, as we sneakily placed everything on the porch. One thing I am proud of: they took very good care of all this stuff, and I was able to find all the little pieces parts of the various playsets and bundle them together in bags for the thrift that we donated them to.

Another bonus: the unseasonably warm weather has lent itself to so much outdoor activity that only two or three of the new birthday toys has even been opened. By the time the cold snap comes, they will have plenty to keep them busy between then and Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a fun Halloween!

    Not sure if I will be able to move to Cleveland yet, but I will be visiting a friend there with my kids for first week Jan. 2011. My kids are really excited for the chance to wear cold weather clothes and see snow!!!

    ReplyDelete