Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quiet, almost too quiet...

This is my living space, but something is missing? Yes, they all have returned to work/school/preschool this week. I kind of enjoy looking at the debris of the men in my life.

These are a few pillows I made on the day my husband spontaneously took the boys away for the day, leaving me to dodder around on my sewing machine.

All of these were made with scraps and recycled/reclaimed materials like fabrics, doilies, and old sweaters.

This doily pillowcase I found at the thift, and the basamati rice sack was a year's eating for the family. Just placed existing pillows in, zip and and go.

I also used some fabrics I found at the new Goodwill. Unfortunately I must have been the only one buying fabric, because they kept reducing the prices, then got rid of the bin entirely. Oh well.

Today's thought: it's important to let yourself get lost in the flow of a project.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love all of your pillows and the photos you took! How sad that the Goodwill got rid of the fabric bin!!

    Keep creating, my friend!! And, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete