Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thrifted Thursday


I promised I wouldn't troll the thrift today. Really, I did. I resolved to keep away, partly because we really do not need to be spending the money right now, and partly because my space is getting very, very junky lately. However, as I've mentioned before they put in a brand spanking new Goodwill right here in town, and I drive by it four times a week. Ugh. They opened at 9am, and there I was. Admittedly, I felt a bit like an alcoholic.

I did find a few great things (including 3 beautiful b/w prints, matted and framed, for our bedroom!) But for the most part it was the same junk as always. I have spent the latter part of the morning considering that what I am really seeking is a sanctuary for myself. I am lucky enough to have craft space in the office husband and I share, yet I've allowed it to get overrun and rendered it relatively useless, and far from what I really want.

My basic issue is of course too much stuff. I sit firmly on the fence about whether I really, truly want to do vintage reselling and grow it into a business, while all this stuff just sits there. Also I tend to get really excited about a project, only to have my interest wane a few days later. And I let myself get overstimulated. Right now I have seven library books checked out, with two more waiting for pickup, and another half dozen of my own, all stacked in a pile.

Bottom line: I must de-junk, quiet my mind, make a beautiful space for myself the way I really want it, simplify all that I can, and rethink my priorities. The good news is I have enough stuff to post Thrifted Thursdays for quite some time. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, those Goodwills will get me every time. sigh.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how you "grow" your shop!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete