Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's awards time...


First I'd like to thank Susan at Practice in Time for nominating me! Check her out for tales of vintage finds, family life, recipes and honest-to-God the best Trashpicked Tuesday finds I've ever heard of.

Now I have to tell you seven things about myself:

1. I love to scrapbook, and I like simple pages best. I kind of get off track when I get into other crafts or overly designed pages. I've kept a chronological scrapbook since I started dating my husband. (I am now a year behind, lol, but I think I'll be catching up soon.)

2. I love hiking and camping. We take our kids at least once a year to stay in a cabin in the Hocking Hills, but this year we are getting a tent! I am hoping in just a couple more years we will be able to do our first real backpacking trip as a family.

3. I wrote a novel last year as part of NaNoWriMo. Just to complete it was a lifelong ambition going back to my days working on my BA in English at The Ohio State University. I have not gone back to edit it yet, but I hope to work on it before gardening season really gets swinging. More than anything, it taught me that if I commit something I can find the time and really get it done!

4. I love my garden. I've only been growing vegetables for three summers, so I consider myself a rookie. I love being able to nourish my family and to teach the kids about the natural world.

5. I love eating (a little too much!) Subsequently, I am constantly trying to find good recipes for healthier fare.

6. I love decorating, entertaining, and all things simple and homespun.

7. I love saving money, thrift store shopping and collecting curiosities. I enjoy going for bits and bobs, craft things and vintage items. That said, I also love simple, empty spaces, and thus end up clearing out my goods from time to time on my little Etsy shop. However, I've officially decided that I don't intend to grow that into a "real" business and will be focusing my time on other things instead.

Bonus: I love these guys too!

Now for my nominations:

Pam at It's Time for More Coffee. Great stories from a busy mom, plus she does her weekly virtual cup of coffee, which don't you just love that?

My friend Sheryl at Just Create! She has lots of crafty things and knitting and spinning going on over there!

Elise at Birds Nest and Paper. She does some really beautiful artwork and photography and has a great little Etsy shop too.

Lisa at Scott's Handmade Crafts. In addition to crafts she puts up some really lovely photography.

Be sure to check them out!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, what a fun post! It's great to get to know a little more about you. I'll have to stop by the other blogs as well.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! My brother is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete