Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrifted Thursday

I found these cute bowls and saucers a few weeks ago when I was still allowing myself to go to the thrifts. They looked kind of cool, and I thought what the heck.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out if they are vintage or what. No makers name on the bottom. I immediately become suspicious anymore because I'm noticing that the thrifts around here are starting to peddle these mass produced fake vintage items. And they are sneaky about it too. I've seen things like aprons, linens, coasters and the like, scattered through the store instead of together in a group, so that at first you think, wow this is cool, but on closer inspection you find that they have twenty of the same thing.

Also, they don't have a makers mark on the bottom. I kind of think these are knockoffs of either Knowles or Old Salem china patterns that are very similar. All that said, I like them, they will make great dessert bowls and plates and I like them and will enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome find...I have a pair of clogs in the same pattern as your boots in the header...awesome!

    ReplyDelete