Monday, March 7, 2011

My happiness project :-)

A little something I started working on earlier this year. I'm keeping a journal to specifically chronicle things that make me happy, things that prevent my happiness, and thoughts on happiness in general, inspired by The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. There are a lot of different thoughts on this book out there, but personally I loved it. If for no other reason than it made me realize that seeking our one's happiness is purely personal.

Often I just write, sometimes I cut and paste pictures, whatever I want, but in each entry I try to stick to one topic. It's pretty personal, but I'll highlight some topics I've meandered onto are:
  • Meeting basic human needs (moms are notorious for not doing this.)
  • Not being too hard on myself when things go wrong
  • It's okay to feel blue sometimes
  • The need to believe in the possibility of happiness
  • The power of FLOW
  • Making time for things I like to do, like swimming, writing and scrapbooking
  • Trying crazy things---for me it was writing a novel
  • Appreciating the little things, like moments with kids, or a grouping of colorful items.
I could go on, and I might do future posts on this. At any rate, I highly recommend getting a simple notebook and trying this out for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I am half way through reading The Happiness Project and love it. Your happiness journal is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete