Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday, Mennonite Edition

Went for a drive in the country, on my last thrift store trip until Easter. Found this crazy beautiful little Mennonite shop that I'd been eyeing for a while. I kept telling my husband "I'll bet there are beautiful things there." I was right! I got all these little lovelies---fabric, notions, buttons, a pillowcase and a stash of cheesecloth for $7.23. Wow!

Down the road, I stopped at the farmer's market and bought local brown eggs, fresh from the farm ham and beef (1 1/2 pounds) yogurt cheese, bananas, local jam, house made pickles, local popcorn, and chips (just plain old chips) for about $23. And the meat and cheese is to die for! (Try to get that price at Whole Foods, lol...)

I really needed this break after being home with the boys and their strep all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment