Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Butterflies!










Pretty short break, I know. I just couldn't resist sharing the goings on here today. Nathan's butterflies (from the kit we snagged from Goodwill for $1.99) hatched! Three of the five immediately tried to make their escape, so they were set free. The other two are outside, owing the flowers I put in there for them to sip giving me terrible hay fever. Nathan and I were inspired to do a project in our art journals, and we decided that we should get one for Daddy and Zachary too. I felt great because lately we've been falling into lazy patterns in the afternoons---watching too much tv, not going outside, heck, not even reading all that much. Today was the opposite..sunny and gorgeous outside. We even started walking Zack home from school today. I really hope to savor this time with my little guy before the end of the school year, and the approach of kindergarten.

(Now, resuming my break...)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! That's one of our favorite Springtime activities. It's cool to search the yard for chrysallids. Monarchs are the easiest for us to find, like little green and gold jewels!

    ReplyDelete