Saturday, April 23, 2011

God is Good

Since the house is still chaos, my plans to make homemade hot cross buns did not pan out this year. That's why they have Kroger, lol. We got a couple of pans and treated the crew working in our house to buns and coffee. They are nice folks, hard workers and I'm really glad to have a chance to get to know them a little and give them work, which as I understand really slowed down last year. It felt good to share something.

Also I wanted to mention that I've had a transformational experience this week. Not loud or in your face, but very quiet, actually. Since our entire downstairs was being redone, we've been together in close quarters with limited access to the usual media stimuli---internet, tv, radio---and it's given me a chance to read, and think long, quiet thoughts. A really good book that I highly recommend is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I stumbled on this book and I'm so glad. I've spent a good part of this holy week making my own list, naming everything I'm thankful for, and I feel amazing (and if you read this blog often you know I don't like using the word "amazing" unless it really is!) I feel light, I feel unencumbered, and I feel ready for tomorrow's miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment