Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My wabi sabi wall




I had never heard of wabi sabi until reading about it on The Bounty Huntress blog. It is truly a peaceful and interesting lifestyle, as well as an art form I want to explore and learn more about. Straightaway I purchased this adorable ephemera kit from Bursts of Creativity, a shop I just love. Then during Asia week I hung all these beautiful hummingbird pictures. I chose hummingbirds because our family loves them! We have feeders in the backyard, plus it brings back great memories of trying to feed a hummingbird by hand last summer on vacation.

I like the ideas of wabi sabi---nothing is perfect, or permanent. This was a fun little thing that helped me to start thinking creatively again. I've done a lot of things with the boys but very little for me this summer. That is okay. I'll probably miss them come fall. Wabi sabi is about living in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I like that Etsy shop too. I got a few wabi sabi books from the library but haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete