Friday, June 3, 2011

{this moment}








Normally no words accompany this post, but this week my moment needs words.

This morning was my official last day of just me and my little guy, roaming about while everyone else is in school. After my big guy left for his last day, I took Nathan to my "secret breakfast place" (First Watch) then to a favorite park to play all morning. One of the great pleasures of the past seven years of being home with my boys has been lazy trips to the zoo, the park, museums, the pool---a different kind of experience when the big kids are all in school. When you have new little babies everything feels like such a struggle...even leaving the house. Everything's mess, everything is chaos. It is only when you are at the end that you realize how sweet, how perfect it all was. A slow, deliberate sort of growing up.

(Nathan last day of preschool)

(Zack, last day of 2nd grade)

However there is much to look forward to. A long summer rolling out ahead of us...our only plans include a few camping weekends, a couple of birthdays, one sport for Nate and continuing drum class for Zack. No camps or classes, for a change. Eleven weeks of hanging out in the yard, going to the pool, riding our bikes and following our noses are definitely in order for us.

2 comments:

  1. Precious photos, and your words brought tears to my eyes.

    You're so right - you don't realize how special that time was until it's gone. My "babies" will both be in high school next year. I miss those days of cuddles, and cutting the crusts off sandwiches, and reading books aloud and filling up sippy cups.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow so fast, don't they?
    You're summer sounds like ours and I'm SO excited about it. They SHOULD be LAZY!!

    ReplyDelete