Monday, June 6, 2011

What's up in the garden

Petite herb garden. I cheated on this one because my original herbs from seed drowned in all the rain. Still it is so pretty.

Main beds...we have some carrots and kale, tomatoes, peppers, heaps of peas that are ready to pick now, and soon, though hard to see, cucumbers, zucchini, beans and corn.

Strawberries.

Butterfly garden. I lugged those rocks up from the streambed myself last summer. We have daisies, hollyhock and echinacea vying for space.

Lettuce, the easiest form of food to grow in a container.

Can you believe it's summer already?



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    I have a small little herb garden but it's already looking a bit bedraggled. The bugs are attacking my tomatoes and it's been so hot that my basil is looking sad and pathetic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it came so fast! Your garden is beautiful Shannon, can't wait to see the harvest.

    ReplyDelete