Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Simple Birthday





Zack was so surprised to find a bike downstairs this morning! He had pretty much resigned himself to not getting one. He was tickled. On the whole I was glad for the change in tone this year---a small family party, with one friend sleeping over. He's over the moon happy with his bike, Star Wars LEGO sets, binoculars and a bird identification book, two Wimpy Kid books to complete his set, and an Angry Birds board game (we'll see if we can figure that one out!) I think we are striking a "just right" feel for birthdays. Big parties in years past have been fun, but also have come with mountains of toys that I'm afraid they did not appreciate. Also since Ken just got back from Paris for work, we were not in the mood for complicated. This is why they invented pizza delivery. Still, I had to bake the cake, because that's just how I roll. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect birthday! I'll have to check out the angry birds board game. Ian loves angry birds!

    ReplyDelete