Saturday, August 13, 2011

I've been a bad gardener...





I am weary of my garden. The weeds have taken over. It is still very very hot out and I haven't been in the mood to rise at 6am to pull them. I struggle to feel gratitude for all the tiny white blooms on the bean stalks, signaling a fall crop on the way. I feel too tired to make tomato sauce and salsa, but I will be grateful when it's done---when I reach in the freezer for some sunshine-in-a-jar this winter. And yeah, I'll get to planting some fall lettuce and spinach, and I'll be glad eating my salad as I watch the first snow fall. But right now, all I want to do is sleep!

3 comments:

  1. Came over here from your comment on Meadowbrook Farm. I just have to say that I feel the same way about my garden right now. The heat has gotten to me and my plants are not too happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Mel!
    Yes it is that point in the summer where you just don't care, am I right? At least we are getting a break in the weather where I am (though the cooler air is good napping weather, ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there! well, isn't it a good thing that even when you do very little, you still get some produce!
    thanks for popping over! :0)

    ReplyDelete