Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thrifted Thursday

At the end of our camping trip last weekend (will try to post some pics later) we hit up my favorite junk store, an antique mall in Logan, Ohio. I was a little shocked to discover that there wasn't much I really wanted. I pawed through some stacks of doilies, tried on a rhinestone necklace, but nothing was really popping for me.

This little tin was the only exception. "Really?" groaned my husband. Yes, really. I love the colors, and the scene with the little bears. Made a space for it straightaway, replacing a very boring thriftstore vase that never really struck my fancy anyway.

The most surprising thing about the trip: I actually felt visually overstimulated just being in the store. I only made it about a third of the way through before I found the boys (in the vintage matchbox car section) and told them I was ready to go. I'm pushing for a slightly scaled down, more minimalist lifestyle, and I guess it's working. That's what taking the summer off of junking will do for you. Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. The tin is darling. I love antique and thrift stores...and I often feel the same way just by browsing and looking. Can't wait to see the camping pics...

    ReplyDelete