Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Enjoying fall; getting ready for a change


Fall is of course a vibrant change of season. For me next week will hopefully change things for me greatly---I'm going in for a uterine artery embolization to help with fibroids. Long story short: I have a big one, and it's basically stealing my energy. I am kind of to the point where I can barely keep up with laundry and dishes and meals, let alone blogging and creativity and the fun stuff. I'm accepting that I can't do it all right now.

We are having some good times around here: we picked out a couple of nice pumpkins to carve this week and we are going to do a family paper mache skull painting project. I'm also doing a 365 scrapbook; that is going only so-so. I usually remember to snap a photo a day, but then I end up doing the pages ten at a time to catch up, which sort of defeats the purpose. My baby will be turning six this week so we're expecting company for that. We're drinking cider and taking lots of walks and watching the leaves turn.

Anyway I expect to be scarce for a while, both planning for this and recovering from it after. If you have a moment, keep me and mine in your prayers. The boys have never known life with mom in bed for a week! With any luck I'll feel a whole lot better on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment