Monday, January 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday




(With gratuitous photo of the MIL's pineapple upside down cake)

I am going to attempt to plot out our weekly meal plan, so as to try to eat better and waste less in the new year. I'm going to plan easy meals for nights when we have activities, like scout meetings, and I'm going to try to incorporate one dish per week that is new or unusual for us.  And of course I am going to make the list after I've scanned the contents of the fridge, freezer and pantry, but BEFORE I shop, to reduce waste. So here goes...

Monday
Breakfast: Cereal and fruit
Lunch: Turkey burgers, tots, and salad
Dinner: Tacos, made by Zack for scout acheivement

Tuesday
Breakfast: Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie
Lunch: Turkey Chef Salad
Dinner: Steak and asiago cheese and spinach wraps

Wednesday
Breakfast: Fresh Veggie juice (Celery/Cucumber/Carrot/ginger/grapefruit)
Oatmeal for kids
Lunch: Turkey wraps and fruit
Dinner: Fish, rice and veggies
(The Wednesday dinner is a bit vague, to keep on 
doing Use It Up Wednesdays.)

Thursday
Breakfast: Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie
Lunch: Chef's Salad
Dinner: Thai noodle dish w/ Tofu and peanut sauce (kids will have chicken 
and *hopefully* try one bite of the tofu. ;-)

Friday
Breakfast: Fresh Veggie Juice/egg with spinach
Lunch: Salad or leftovers
Dinner: Hot mini-subs with carrots and fruit (scout meeting night)

Saturday
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Going-out day
Dinner: leftovers, soup or salad

Sunday
Breakfast: Eggs and Toast
Lunch: Roast, potatoes, carrots
Dinner: leftovers, soup or salad.




3 comments:

  1. I menu planned myself today. I was inspired my Monica T's "no going out to eat in January" rule. Considering we have a trip to North Carolina planned this month, I don't think we'll be able to COMPLETELY abide by this, but I'm hoping to come close. I find that I definitely eat better if I plan my meals. It's really though to get all of my fruits, veggies and whole grains in if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...that cake looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks so good- now I want to make one in my electric fry pan, like I did back in the early days of my blog! :)

    I keep trying to menu plan, but sometimes I just don't feel like making what's on the list. I'm pretty good about using things up and eating out of the pantry/freezer, anyway -that chicken recipe I posted yesterday was a disguised way to use up bits of dried beef and ham from previous dinners!

    ReplyDelete