Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

 
Early Mardi Gras treat for us today!

So how last week went: not so good.  We made it through maybe half the week, until Thursday, when I asked my husband to bring Chinese home instead of making it myself. And that was after eating out with my friend Erin for lunch that day. Then Friday Nate got sick, so he and I had to stay home for the scout weekend.  So on Friday afternoon while I was rushing around to get the husband and Zack ready to go, I ended up picking up a pizza from the grocery store (still cheaper than delivery.)  By Saturday afternoon, Nate was feeling better but still so sad about missing the fun, so I gave in to temptation and got us DQ carryout for lunch.  Ken and Zack got home Sunday, exhausted, so guess what? We went out.  And today, it was a holiday, right? So we went out again.  Sigh.

Upward and onward.  This just reinforces what I already know: I have to have easy to prepare, craveable things in the house for these times when we are busy, tired or just wanting something "special" to eat.  I also have to remind myself that in the time it takes to drive to and from a restaurant, and order a meal, I could have something just as good prepared at home.

This week we have 3 large bags of salad left over from the Blue and Gold banquet Saturday. And I daresay our arteries could use a little scrubbing.  So this is salad week!  I'll try as I go to use up various veggies in the crisper as well as maybe using things like frozen peas, croutons, almonds, sunflower seeds, fruit---whatever we have to change it up.  Breakfasts are eggs and toast, cereal, oatmeal or waffles, with juice or fruit.  Lunches are sandwiches, salads and leftovers.

Monday: Breaded chicken on salad

Tuesday: turkey sandwiches and salad

Wednesday: popcorn shrimp, rice and salad

Thursday: Salmon, rice and salad

Friday: Turkey burgers for the family; me to book club

Saturday: Probably out w/ visiting family members
*breaded chicken sandwiches and fruit if we stay home*

Sunday:  Dad's choice

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment