Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I did today instead of Facebook

For Lent this year I gave up Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.  So far so good, though I find myself habitually picking up my iPhone.

These are the things that I accomplished today:

Folded about 10 days worth of clean laundry that was heaped on the couch.
Thoroughly cleaned the kitchen.
Paid the bills.
Finished reading The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory.
Had a live phone conversation with a friend.
Did homework with the boys.
Played with Nathan.
Took a nap.
Rearranged and photographed my Valentine's flowers with my real camera.

Could the day have been more productive?  Sure.   But the point is my days lately haven't been even this productive, so this is a good step.  I also realized that I'm pretty tired, for no real reason.  I'm stressed out over the potential relocation or unemployment of my husband, and I'm turning to social media instead of properly caring for myself and my family.  I'm "pinning" hundreds of pretty pictures and creating nothing.  The craziest part: today I felt a sense of relief at not "having to" post updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment