Saturday, March 31, 2012

I turned 40 today


This week we traveled with the ILs to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  Fun little town.  We did some hiking, quite a bit really, and ending up going to Clingman's Dome in the Great Smoky Mountains.  I wasn't aware until we got there that it is the highest point in the Smokies, and it is right on the Appalachian Trail. We walked on it for 500 meters or so, so I guess I can say I hiked the AT before I turned 40!  We actually talked to a couple of hikers who had hiked from Georgia---it was inspiring!  I hope they make it all the way to Maine.

Who knows what the next decade could bring?  I do know that as the boys grow I definitely want to keep doing more things outdoors.  I am already writing more. I hope to travel more, especially to Europe.  Maybe a trip with just me and Ken, even if it's only a weekend in the Hocking  Hills.  Trying to maintain healthy lifestyle habits (though I'll be writing about our week of eating ribs when I post vacation pics.) And I guess doing what I always do, just chug right along.  The best gifts I've received this week have been time spent with awesome people.  I'm glad to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment