Monday, April 30, 2012

The weekend: a shower, showers, a goal and friends



 




The big thing for me this weekend was I threw a shower for the girl who said "yes" to my little brother.  It was a beautiful day and Sasha seemed to enjoy it.  I'm so happy she's in our life.
My boys went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton with their dad.  A good guys day out.  They also went to Quaker Steak and Lube.  I had a girls night out to the Melting Pot with some friends, lamenting our amie Nathalie's upcoming move to Chicago.  She will be missed.  Much wine was consumed and laughs were had, and I really must get better with my photo taking.
In sporting news, there was more rain, so baseball picture day was indoors.  Zack has been wearing his jersey all weekend.  The rain didn't stop the soccer, and despite the cold, Nathan scored his first goal ever!  We were so excited for him!
All in all it was a lot of weekend to cram into one weekend.

***Note on the brownies: the character is called Domo, and he's Sha's favorite.  My sis's wonderful MIL made her famous brownies, then we used Wilton sugar paper (available at craft stores in the baking section) to cut out the mouths and teeth using clean craft scissors. 
***the "something blue" banner I used in my decor was from Brickleberry.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a full weekend.
    how sweet of you to throw a shower for your new sis-in-law (to be.)
    hugs!
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the first goal of many many more! Lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and wonderful weekend! Woot woot for the first goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend. Sounds like your sister in law is a treasure for your family.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. busy weekend! those brownies look great as domo ;-)

    ReplyDelete