Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Summertime Intention


More of this

Less of this












Our first CSA share was delivered today and I'm so happy with it!  Yes it's still pretty early in Ohio for much more than what you see, but this will make several fine meals for us.  It's just in time for "Reset Day" too, which is what I'm up to today---getting the laundry done, paying bills, working up a new budget, getting the odds and ends picked up and put away.  I haven't started on this pantry, but let me say I'm pretty disappointed at how much processed food I've allowed to come into the house.

My intention for summer is that our primary sources of food will be our garden, our CSA share, the local farm market, and for anything that can't be purchased through those means we head to Yutzy's, a great source of local meats, fantastic deli meats and cheeses, and cheap bulk grains.  I'd love to say I won't set foot in Meijer this summer, but I won't beat myself up if I have to.  I'd just like to spend some time seeking out alternative means to get the things we need, and to do so as locally as possible.  I'll be sure to keep posting about how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. I am a little sad at what is in my cupboards, but then I am blaming it on my son :) Have fun organizing and eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you Shannon. I'm looking forward to hearing what the summer brings to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy for that stuff to sneak in, isn't it? It's been very difficult lately for me to keep it out now that my mother-in-law lives with us and she loves to shop! She's coming around to living more healthfully, though, so I'm positive it will dwindle down. Being aware of the problem is half the battle! :)

    ReplyDelete