Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Market days



Kicking off a little summer goal of mine, which is to spend under $100 a week on groceries while mostly staying out of the traditional grocery stores. We joined a CSA which was $33 a week, so that leaves me just $67 to spend on everything else. I will be making good use of things I have on hand while trying to find the best deals I can on healthy foods from alternate sources. This afternoon we got our CSA delivery, and later we will head over to our local farmers market. We also have a country market where we get things like fresh butter, local deli meats, cheeses and cheap bulk grains, and a local butcher and a local fish monger to try out. Hopefully this will be fun as well as money saving, so I will try to update often about how we're doing with this!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! With the kids home this summer my food bill has sky rocketed...and there is nothing to eat :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a challenge! definityely not do-able for my family but i wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete