Monday, August 20, 2012

I was reluctant to post this: weight loss stuff


This would be a sweet maternity photo of myself.

Except that I'm not pregnant.

I'm actually carrying about 30 ponds of extra weight, almost exclusively in my belly. I'm currently down 8 pounds this month using Weight Watchers online. Not shilling for WW, but for me it is working great. It is the first time in my life that I feel in charge of my eating. 

I guess the point of the picture and the post is that in my daily life some well meaning people will tell me "you look great! You don't need a diet!" Im just trying to keep motivated---I had a mom and grandma who both carried the belly fat, both heart patients, both type 2 diabetics, and neither lived to see their 60s. I may "look great" but I dont always feel great. I want to be able to do all the things I want to do. I also am tired of complacency. I'm tired of holding on to the belief that I can't really reach my goal. Yes I'd like to get my weight to my healthy BMI. I think I can do it if I get out of my own way.


4 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm proud of you for not being ashamed of this. Tip: I've found that the best time to do the exercise, even if it is just walking the neighborhood is EARLY in the morning before John and the girls are up, because I can't sleep after getting my heart rate up. Don't get discouraged if you hit a plateau, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go momma go! I'm super proud of you! And I KNOW you can do it! I'm right there with ya, battling the belly....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Finding the right way to lose those pesky pounds is tricky. And I bet you will live well past your 60s :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 pounds is great! Congrats. I think WW is a fabulous program. I just posted about my weight loss today too. I'm at 26 pounds and just got into a "normal" BMI, but I'm right at the top threshold, so my goal is to lose another 7-10 pounds. You can do it!!!

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete