Monday, December 24, 2012

A simpler Christmastime

The boys are playing and creating.
They even got out the old Thomas trains.
I am hanging with a friend and my husband.
This morning I played marbles with Nathan.
And the other night we played Monopoly till the bitter end.
I didn't stress out over Pinterest ideas
Or getting it all perfect this year.
We started the morning reading from Luke.
King James, of course, because he angels got to say "hark!"
In a while we will have family over and have food and gifts.
Simple food and drink. Simple fun.
I wish you all a very happy celebration!

















4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Have fun with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your kids. I wouldn't make my pinterest projects either if I still had kids at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Simple, quiet, small and joyous :) We spent our Christmases very similarly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a lovely Christmas! I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the holiday together. We tried to do the same thing. Presents for children, a low key day with a walk, an easy but delicious dinner (roast chicken and veggies). We did graham cracker gingerbread houses with friends one day and that was about as crafty as it got around here.

    ReplyDelete