Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Right now I'm...

:: Enjoying my coffee to a little bit of quiet on this late start morning because the kids finally sat down to scootpad.com.
:: Re-reading The Bostonians by Henry James. Not everyone gets James, but I like him. I've been frustrated with the books I've been picking lately.
:: Dreaming up ideas for the cub scout den for the latter part of the year.
:: Sulking at the 2 pound weight gain after Chinese food yesterday.
:: Pleased that husband and I finally had a lunch date at the hole in the wall Chinese place we've been meaning to try for years.
:: Debating if I really need to go to the store today.
:: Ignoring the great pile of papers I just scraped off my desktop and into a 31 Gifts bag.
:: Making lists of things to do, because in truth I don't feel like doing any of it.
:: Wondering if it would be best to just take a nap :-)



4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the 2-pound weight gain from Chinese! If it were true weight gain in one day, you would have had to consume a surplus 7500 calories yesterday. Rather, Chinese food is super-salty, and excess sodium will cause 2-4 pounds of water retention for a day or two. Just look forward to your rapid weight loss a day or two from now once that soidum is out of your system!

    (Mike A)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks for the voices of reason!

      Delete
  2. chinese food always causes a weight gain, drink lots of water and flush it out, I bet it tasted wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote would be the nap! Sometimes a day just calls for one. And Chinese does that for me too! Lemon water and lots of it momma!

    ReplyDelete