Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Low key day for us.
A trip out for new cleats and shin guards and swim goggles.
A kids eat free day at Steak-n-Shake.
A Starbucks for the parents day.
A big pile of laundry day.
Not the fun loving March 17th of my younger years.
13 years ago today the husband and I had our first date.
Things are different now, but nice.
I never could figure what green beer had to do
With an Irish monk, anyway.
My window shamrocks have started to bloom
Their delicate white flowers.
Man, I need spring to spring, already!


2 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patty's Day!! My shamrock plant is blooming as well, but I think it's because I put it on the windowsill recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Spring, spring!!! Sounds like your weekend was peaceful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete