Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New (to me) diet idea

Okay, I quit my Weight Watchers account.
Don't get me wrong.
If you track, you will lose weight.
My problem was that I often left things out.
Handfuls of chips.
Spoons of ice cream.
If the points were hard to calculate, I just ignored them.
I realized my favorite diet books have lots of pictures.
Seeing, in color, what a portion of food looks like.
I also realized that pictures don't lie.
So quite simply, I'm snapping photos of every bite I take.
I'm using a free journal app, and adding daily notes.
Pretty simple. I can see, in color, everything I've eaten.
So far, I've cut down on my brown food.
Knowing I have to take a photo influences my food choices.
I'm down a modest couple of pounds. We'll see.


4 comments:

  1. That's really cool Shannon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works great for you.
    lots of fresh salads, whole grains, protein packed smoothies...
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thing is I think I'm doing that, but then I see the photos. This is working great so far!

      Delete
  3. Great tip! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete