Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cool morning, plans for fall

It's a crisp cool morning.
I'm huddled under my favorite blanket,
Drinking coffee on the porch.
The stack of library books is in reach.
Doing that fall thing I do,
Where I roadmap the coming year
With big plans and cool ideas.
Fall is the most chaotic season for us.
There will be a flurry of scout related things-emails and phone calls from new families, finalizing the schedule for the year, meetings and training with the leaders, and the fundraiser, O joy.
Then the fun stuff, the bonfires and camping and trips to the firehouse.
The return of homework and after school sports and wedging in some music lessons so the little gents might have some refinement.
And if course we will try to do some apple picking and pumpkin carving and all that cool fall stuff. 
But right now all is quiet.
The phone is quiet, all the friends busy finishing up their summer bucket lists.
(Glad I don't make those anymore.)
It's the awesomest kind of day.



    




2 comments:

  1. I want your porch! I do not have one and so I am a bit envious. My day has been noisy with both kids home and I kind of miss the quiet you have right now. I love making plans and fall is just around the corner. it was freezing today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy Fall in the making! I hope your day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete